2014年10月22日水曜日

I'm Overwhelmed Right Now

Context: James is upstairs playing a game.  I'm downstairs in the kitchen writing.

[Thump, thump, thump.  James is coming down the stairs.]

James: (Big heavy SIGH.) "Babe, I'm so overwhelmed right now."
Me: Oh god.  This sounds serious.  Maybe he's overwhelmed about visa stuff.  I am concerned right now! "What is it, babe?  Here, sit down."
James: "Ugh.  It's just so overwhelming.  I need to do three things."
Me: "Ok, tell me."
James: "Here it is.  One.  I need to kill pangolin. (Wait...what?)  Two, I need to get to Ole.  And three, I need to listen to the mysterious guy."
Me: "Wait...is this about your game, The Void?" (Ok, so it's totally not serious. Wtf.  Just listen patiently, Amy).
James: "Yeah.  This is the most overwhelming game I have ever played.  I need to get color from the sisters, but then I don't know if I've planted enough color to harvest them.  So if I don't have enough color, the sisters might die, and then I won't be able to get to Ole.  On top of that, the guy who I think I'm an apprentice to, is telling me instructions and I think I should listen to him but then I don't know if I listen to him that he will kill me later and I don'tlwjeijlfkjsoiejrkjn akjsnviuskjnwiu ksjdhfiwuh akasuh iewuhf owhe fakjn oie ajfiewrakjs iuwheajsbfkjawh awiueygf akjh wkjhfgakwjhkja uweyg akjhguywiqehjbvmxk awfbkjshbfuwyhe rjskdjhvbuyeofus bdkfjyqkfhksj riwufajksbfiwubb ouy ajhbkwjhbfauyw...Does that make sense?"

James sighs, walks over to sink, and starts chugging a huge glass of water.



0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿