2015年1月22日木曜日

We Get It

James just left to go have lunch with friends.  I see him off at the door.  The Japanese house with the genkan (entry way) level with the street and to enter the house it's a half step up, and that small grade change makes it a perfect height for me to stand on so that our heads our level and I can give him a kiss. (Is all this minor detail necessary?  It some how seems significant to the story...)

James goes out the door and I say bye and all that jazz.  I lock the door, run up the stairs to the kitchen.  Our kitchen has a bay window that looks onto the street below.  I instinctively run to the window, and what do I see?  James also looking up this way.  Ahhh!  He was looking this way too!!

I waved my arm off like a 5 year-old girl on a marry-go-round waving to her parents, until he disappeared behind the corner of a house.


0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿