2015年1月28日水曜日

We're Moving!

Yep, our *very own* place!

No more sharing the bathroom, no more cleaning up after someone's boiling-over-rice-cooker mess (aka James' nemesis), no more competing for space in the egg tray in the fridge (James: "What the? Who put their eggs here??  This is OUR spot!")

We got this adorable 2LDK (that stands for 2 bedroom, living, dining, and kitchen unit).  The two rooms are tatami and the rest is almost all wood.  It feels like a traditional Japanese home.  I'm in love with all the natural materials inside and I can't wait to make it a comfortable, homey space.  

Let the nesting mode commence!



After we moved all the furniture into the new place on Tuesday (I luckily found a friend who was moving out of the country and we got a good set of starter stuff), we went to Nitori, a home store, and bought all of our new bedding/futon.  There were a million options (there were 2 isles of pillows alone!) which of course, totally overwhelmed me.  But James dealt with me amazingly and just let me freak out and talk my decision-making-thought-process out, made me laugh, and a couple hours later we walked out successfully with everything. Well, not literally walked out with it, because Nitori has an awesome system where they'll deliver your stuff to your door, so we didn't have to lug it onto the bus.  Horray!

Here's more of James being James...





0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿